Search This Blog

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Thoughts and motivation


When reading about motivation and the need for clam and confidence I can’t disagree. I feel that I am definitely one who relies on waiting and relying on deadlines to be my source of motivation. It makes me curious as to what other alternatives I can turn to, to make my writing ‘mindful.’ I always had a hard time sharing my writing because I was afraid for someone to tell me what I wrote was wrong, or that I spelled something wrong, or that it was just a stupid topic. After reading about the need to be in the ideal state of motivation, I think to myself, “Ok I agree, if I can do that, writing could be my new love, but how do I get there? How do I get myself out of the mindset of it becoming a task or just another homework assignment?” 

1 comment:

  1. Kim,
    I can completely relate to your fear of sharing writing. I often find myself editing my thoughts so they are “presentable” to a mass audience. It is hard for me to let down my boundaries and simply write what I feel, rather than writing for what I think others will like or approve. All of my writing feels homework related so I never get that sense of personal investment in the piece. Perhaps the key to ‘mindful’ writing is writing for pleasure and not caring how others may react. This class will be beneficial because our writing is not judged or graded. It can act as practice ground for exploring writing without care, and perhaps we can investigate a more creative side to our work instead of simply completing homework assignment after homework assignment.

    ReplyDelete